Diamond Age Data Science partners with fast-moving biotech and pharmaceutical companies to drive innovation through bioinformatics. It’s an exciting time at Diamond Age: our expertise is in demand, our engagement pipeline is full and our organization and team are growing!
Join Us: Bioinformatics Consultants
Diamond Age has immediate opportunities for experienced computational biologists and senior computational biologists, whether formally trained in a MS or PhD Bioinformatics program or informally trained by extensive experience doing computational science and engineering.
We offer a flexible remote work schedule, exciting scientific and engineering projects, a work environment of respect and mutual support, growth opportunities as the organization grows and competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
Bioinformatics Consultant Requirements
- PhD or MS in a scientific field, such as Bioinformatics, Biology, Chemistry, Math or Physics.
- If formal training is not in bioinformatics / computational biology / systems biology, then extensive on-the-job experience in one of those fields.
- R or Python programming experience and experience with reproducible research.
- Excellent scientific communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with one or more of the following: NGS pipeline building, transcriptional profiling analysis for drug discovery, statistical modeling, human genetics and GWAS, variant analysis, cancer genomics.
- Software development skills: version control, code documentation, software development cycle.
Senior Bioinformatics Consultant Requirements (in addition to the above)
- Extensive programming experience and experience with reproducible research.
- A proven track record of effectively managing large, long-running scientific projects.
- Demonstrated project management skills, whether in a formal project management role, as a team lead, or in an informal role responsible for a project’s successful completion.
- Experience in designing, developing, deploying and maintaining production data analysis pipelines or software tools.
To Apply: Email a Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
We are committed to fairness in hiring and to a diverse and inclusive workplace.