It’s an exciting time at Diamond Age: our expertise is in demand, our engagement pipeline is full and our organization and team are growing!
Diamond Age has immediate opportunities for experienced computational biologists and senior computational biologists, whether formally trained in a MS or PhD Bioinformatics program or informally trained by extensive experience doing computational science and engineering.
We offer a flexible remote work schedule, exciting scientific and engineering projects, a work environment of respect and mutual support, growth opportunities as the organization grows and competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
Bioinformatics Consultant Requirements
- PhD or MS in a STEM field: Bioinformatics, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Physics or similar.
- If formal training is not in bioinformatics / computational biology / systems biology, then extensive on-the-job experience in one of those fields.
- R or Python programming experience and experience with reproducible research.
- Excellent scientific communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with one or more of the following: NGS pipeline building, transcriptional profiling analysis for drug discovery, statistical modeling, human genetics and GWAS, variant analysis, cancer genomics.
- Software development skills: version control, code documentation, software development cycle.
Senior Bioinformatics Consultant Requirements (in addition to the above)
- Extensive programming experience and experience with reproducible research.
- A proven track record of effectively managing large, long-running scientific projects.
- Demonstrated project management skills, whether in a formal project management role, as a team lead, or in an informal role responsible for a project’s successful completion.
- Experience in designing, developing, deploying and maintaining production data analysis pipelines or software tools.
TO APPLY Email Us Your Resume and Tell Us About Yourself: Careers@diamonage.com.