If you reside outside the U.S., your personally identifiable information will be transferred to the U.S. and processed and stored there under U.S. privacy standards. By visiting our Site and providing information to us, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the U.S.
A note about the content on the Site:
Diamond Age provides information on Diamond Age’s Site for educational, general advisory, and informational purposes only. The information on the Diamond Age Site is copyrighted material and is intended for your personal use. You may not distribute, sell or otherwise commercialize Diamond Age’s advice or content.
Your use of the Site:
As a condition to your use of this Site, you agree not to:
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any information, materials or other content that is illegal, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, offensive, invades another’s privacy, or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred for harm against any individual or group;
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Site;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any information, materials or other content that infringes upon another’s rights, including any intellectual property rights (including but not limited to, copyrights, patents, trademarks, or trade secrets);
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any of the software used to provide this Site or the Service and/or resell or redistribute the Service, or any part of the Service or use any unauthorized means to modify or reroute, or attempt to modify or reroute, the Service, including, but not limited to, altering affiliate IDs;
- Interfere with or disrupt this Site or the Service, or any servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- Obtain, collect, store or modify the personal information about other users, to harass or stalk any user of the Site in any way;
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to ‘meta-search’ the Site or download data from the Site. Diamond Age reserves the right to block automated programs that do not comply with these restrictions;
- Upload, email, transmit, or post any content encouraging illegal activity or racism, hate speech, incitement of hate;
- Upload, email, transmit or post any other content that Diamond Age deems to be inappropriate; or
- Use any Diamond Age services for any illegal or unlawful purposes.
What information does Diamond Age collect?
Diamond Age may collect information about you, when you interact with the Site, including, your name, email, phone number, linked in profile url, information about legal ability to work in the United States, information about professional experience, resume, cover letter and/or personal information you choose to submit to the Site, and other data as specifically described herein.
You may provide us with this personal information when you:
- Sign up for newsletters or the blog feed;
- Submit a job application or inquiry;
- Submit information through any contact form on the Site;
- Request customer support or send Diamond Age any other communication; and/or
- Make use of Diamond Age’s Social Media Widget features.
If you send information through our contact forms on the Site, to communicate with Diamond Age. You will be asked to provide, your name and email in order to submit the contact form. In communicating with us, you will also have an opportunity to share additional information with Diamond Age, in your sole discretion, which may include personal data. This information is seen only by Diamond Age and is not publicly available. Use discretion when sharing information through chat functions, emails, and contact forms.
Information collected by Cookies:
Do Not Track:
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Diamond Age is committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on the Diamond Age Site for third party purposes, and that is why Diamond Age provides the opt-out links below. However, Diamond Age does not support DNT or recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
These links may not represent all opt-out options available or third parties collecting information via the Site.
- To opt-out of third party vendors cookies, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
- To opt-out of the double click and other Google advertising cookies, please visit the Google advertising opt-out page.
- To opt-out of analysis via the Google Analytics cookie, please visit the Google Analytics opt-out page.
Your California Privacy Rights:
In addition to other rights provided for herein, if you live in California and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a list of the personal information we have shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. We will also give you a list of the third parties that have received your information. You can make a request one time each year. To exercise your rights, you can email us or write to us at the address below. Mention in your letter that you are making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry. We will respond within 30 days.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides consumers with specific rights regarding their personal data. You may request that we provide you with an accounting of your personal information held by Diamond Age over the past twelve (12) months. You may also request that Diamond Age delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions. You may submit that request to Diamond Age via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 26 Ivaloo Street, Somerville, MA 02143. Upon verification of your identity and within 45 days, we will provide you with a paper copy of your personal information via the United States Postal Service. Diamond Age will not discriminate against any user for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Diamond Age does not sell your personal information, as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Information collected by Web Beacons and Log Files:
When you visit the Site, Diamond Age’s servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your:
- IP address
- browser type or the domain from which you are visiting
- operating system
- your browser ID
- how many times your device (computer or phone, for instance) accesses the Site, including dates and times of such access
- Your activities on the Site
Information collected through Reviews and Testimonials:
You may choose to submit a review or testimonial. If you post a review, Diamond Age may ask for certain information to validate your review or testimonial such as your name, title, and company name. Diamond Age may post your name, title, and company name with your review or testimonial. Additionally, any personally identifiable information that you submit as part of the review or testimonial can be read or used by other visitors to the Site. Diamond Age is not responsible for any personally identifiable information that you choose to submit as part of your review or testimonial.
How does Diamond Age secure and store your information?
The security of your personal information is important to us. Diamond Age employs industry standard precautions designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Diamond Age will make any legally-required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored personal data to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Diamond Age currently stores user information via secure cloud-based web hosting services, provided by WordPress.com and the information is stored on servers located within the United States.
Remember that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Diamond Age cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. Diamond Age cannot guarantee complete security.
How does Diamond Age use your information?
Diamond Age will not sell or disclose your name, email address or other personal information to third parties without your explicit consent, except as may be specified in this policy from time to time. Diamond Age uses the personally identifiable information you provide to:
- Provide the features and functionality of the Site and to improve Diamond Age’s products and services;
- Fulfill your requests for Diamond Age’s products and services;
- Communicate with you concerning Diamond Age’s products and services;
- Send you information about Diamond Age’s products and services;
- For Diamond Age’s internal business purposes; and
- Help us create content that is most relevant to you.
Diamond Age uses your email address to send you communications you have requested. You can unsubscribe from such communications using the unsubscribe link provided therein.
Diamond Age uses non-personally identifiable information to monitor the use and performance of the Site so that Diamond Age can learn more about how people use the Site which helps us improve Diamond Age’s services and significantly enhance your experience on the Diamond Age Site.
Retention of Data
Diamond Age retains personal information when we have an ongoing legitimate business, legal, or compliance need to do so. Our retention periods will vary depending on the type of personal information. The general factors we consider in determining whether to retain personal information are:
- Whether we have a legal or contractual need to retain the information
- Whether the information is necessary to provide our services or for functionality of Site features
- Whether our account holding users have the ability to access and delete the information from their accounts
When Diamond Age has no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, when personal information has been stored in backup archives), then Diamond Age will securely store such personal information until deletion of such information is possible.
Does Diamond Age disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
Generally, Diamond Age does not share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies without your consent except that:
Diamond Age provides information to its agents and trusted service providers and contractors for limited purposes, without limitation, hosting and maintenance, database storage and management, offering certain products and services; marketing campaigns; communicating with customers; providing customer service; managing information on Diamond Age’s behalf; and enhancing the Site features and functionality. Diamond Age will share your personally identifiable information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
The service providers engaged by Diamond Age, and links to their individual privacy policies, are listed below.
Diamond Age may also release information (including, but not limited to, your name, email address, addresses, telephone number, and activity on the Site) when Diamond Age, in Diamond Age’s sole discretion believes that such release is necessary or appropriate to:
- comply with law;
- comply with subpoenas, warrants, court orders, government investigations, or other legal process;
- enforce or apply the terms of this policy;
- investigate or respond to allegations of fraud, intellectual property infringement, or other unlawful activity
- investigate fraud or similar claims;
- protect the rights, property or safety of Diamond Age, Diamond Age’s users, or others.
- to protect Diamond Age’s operations; or
- to permit Diamond Age to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that Diamond Age may sustain.
Diamond Age Data Science, LLC, and other Diamond Age graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are copyrights, trademarks or trade dress of Diamond Age in the U.S. and/or other countries. Diamond Age’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names or email addresses, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion to consumers or in any manner that disparages or discredits Diamond Age. All other trademarks not owned by Diamond Age that appear on this Site are the property of their respective owners.
You acknowledge that all articles, blog posts, infographics, writings, columns, and any other form of content on the Site (“Diamond Age Content”) is either owned by Diamond Age or Diamond Age has a license/permission to use the same. You acknowledge and agree that any such Diamond Age Content, including but not limited to text, data, photos, graphics, etc. or other material contained or distributed on or through the Site, by Diamond Age, its advertisers or other third parties, is protected by trademarks, service marks, patents, copyrights, or other proprietary rights and laws. You may not use or distribute any Diamond Age Content received through the Site without the authorization of Diamond Age. You agree not to publish, reproduce, copy, in whole or in part, modify, amend, publicly display (including framing), create derivative works of, nor upload, download, post, email, sell, commercially exploit in any way, or otherwise distribute Diamond Age Content available through the Site, in violation of applicable copyright and other intellectual property laws.
DMCA/IP Notification Policy
To notify Diamond Age of infringing or unlawful content on the Site, please provide Diamond Age with the following information:
- Your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- A description of the exact location on the Site of the infringing or unlawful content;
- A description of the claimed infringing or unlawful content, specifying which parts you believe infringe or are unlawful and which parts you believe should be removed;
- In the event that you believe that the content infringes your rights, please include a detailed statement specifying your asserted rights and why the content infringes them;
- In the event that you believe that the content is unlawful, please include a detailed statement specifying why you believe that the content breaches a particular law; and
- A sworn and signed statement that the information provided is accurate and that you are directly or indirectly damages by the content.
Diamond Age takes such notices very seriously. We will evaluate the provided notice and if appropriate based on our sole discretion remove infringing content. Based on our judgment, we may notify the source of the content of your complaint and our actions in response to your complaint. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to restore such content if the source of such content provides evidence that the content should not have been removed. We encourage you to seek the advice of an independent attorney before filing an intellectual property notice or responding to a notice filed by another user.
Diamond Age may be notified of claims of intellectual property infringement by emailing the above requested information to:
Diamond Age Data Science, LLC
Attn: Eleanor Howe
26 Ivaloo Street
Somerville, MA 02143
Because Diamond Age may allow content to be posted from third parties and third-party Sites, there is a chance that the ability to remove any allegedly infringing content will be out of our control. While we will make a good faith effort to remove the allegedly infringing content, if you believe your intellectual property has been infringed by a Diamond Age vendor or a user posting content from a third-party Site, we strongly suggest you contact the vendor, third party, or third-party site directly and request the allegedly infringing material be taken down.
Diamond Age’s Policy Towards Children
The Site is not directed to persons under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided Diamond Age with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact Diamond Age at email@example.com. Diamond Age will take actions to promptly remove such data. Diamond Age does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 16. If Diamond Age becomes aware that a child under 13 has provided personal identifiable Information, Diamond Age will delete such information.
How can I change, delete, or update my information?
You can request that Diamond Age update or change your information or request that we delete your information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. After receiving proof of your identity, Diamond Age will comply with such request. If you have any questions about what information is stored or would like to obtain a copy of such information, please contact us at email@example.com or Privacy c/o Diamond Age, 26 Ivaloo Street, Somerville, MA 02143. After receiving proof of your identity, Diamond Age will provide the information to you.
Use of this Site by individuals located in the EU
If you are a resident of the European Union or provide personal information through this website while located in the European Union, we offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you on this Site.
Users in the European Union may have the choice:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to request that we cease processing your data;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to request that your data be transferred to you or a third party.
To update your preferences and consents, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resolution of Disputes and Release:
You hereby consent to and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to venue and jurisdiction in the state and federal courts of Massachusetts. You further agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. If for any reason a claim is initiated in court rather than in arbitration you and Diamond Age waive any right to a jury trial.
You release Diamond Age (and Diamond Age’s officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with disputes with one or more users, or an outside party.
You must be logged in to post a comment.